Thursday (2/3/05) –We will also cover Chapter 6 and 7, so not as much time devoted to Index
- Preliminary “prospectus” criteria for inclusion in index due, name of index, how it differs from other available indices
- Website space needed—upload prospectus and excel file
Next Tuesday (2/8/05)—
- list of all publicly traded WNY firms due. In class we will make group decision on questionable firms as to whether they meet criteria for inclusion.
- List of what to include on website as well as how to design the page, ideas, FrontPage?, name etc.
By Thursday 2/10/05:
- List of newspapers, business publications, radio stations with business shows—might want to keep the same county by county approach
- Next version of “prospectus” due—should include a discussion of actual computation of the index, firms included, how often it will be updated, where it is available online etc.
- Preliminary Web site
- Complete index—available only to class
- Addresses and letter to be mailed to publications above
- preliminary press release to PR dept.
- Check backed data index to 2000 (further back if possible--but I have doubts)
- Comparison of index to Business First index, any other local index, S&P, Dow, Nasdaq
- directions as to how to update the index
- Press release announcing index to faculty
Thursday 2/24/05—invite Drs. Peterson, Horan, Fischer, Sister Margaret? (OTH?, Buffalo News?) etc to class to show them??? Totally your call on this one. I really do not feel like getting dressed up, but if you want the recognition, we will schedule it.
—final version ready for mailing out to newspapers etc.