Thursday, August 05, 2004

Welcome to Class :) Or at least to the class Blog

Hi Everyone!

After finding out how much easier updating a blog is than having to update the website manually, I have decided that this blog will be used for class announcements, comments, etc. Of course the FinanceProfessor site will still be used for notes and other things.


For those of you who have had me before you should know that class is continually evolving and I am pretty flexible and willing to give up something that is not working, so this is all liekly to change, but the way I envision this working:

Suppose you want to know

I understand that this method of class communication will be slightly different than what you are used to, but I really do think this is the way classes will be done in the future.

In some ways I am recognized in this area. My working paper How to Use the Web in a Finance Class: A Web Enhanced vs. A Web-Centered Model was one of the early works that tried to explain how to use technology in a finance class room and I have participated in several FMA Roundtables on Using Technology in the Finance Class Room.

Through the FinanceProfessor.com site and at these Roundtables, I have had the opportunity to meet with some of the best finance teachers in world and to have seen some of what is being used at these Univeristies. I do believe that we are at the forefront of this movement. But with any new technology, some things will work and some will not. I encourage you to let me know what is working. I will try very hard to incorporate more of what is working and drop what doesn't work as well.

This semester (Fall 2004) I will be teaching two sections of Finance 401 and one section of MBA 604 (HIII). THis blog will be used for both.

I will post more shortly, including what text book we will be using, what is a blog, and much more.

But to close, I want to let you know that I think this will be fun and a great learning experience for us all!

jim

No comments: